This monument dedicated to the 10th anniversary of Lithuania's independence was built in 1928. 1964 it was demolished in 1989. It was rebuilt on the initiative of the Sąjūdis Baisogala group and with the victims of the town's residents. The sculptor is Vytautas Čepas.
Today, the monument in the center of Baisogala town is authentic to the old one. It is assembled from four cube-shaped blocks of different sizes stacked on top of each other. On the façade of the lower cube there is an inscription “For those who died for the freedom of Lithuania”, on the other side - for “Honorable Heroes of the Homeland Sons”, on the third - “From the past your sons draw strength”, on the fourth - “15 soldiers who died in battle "
On the façade side of the second cube, a defense emblem is engraved - a sword and a sword, in the second - the coat of arms of Baisogala and the date of construction of the monument, in the third - Gediminas columns, in the fourth - Vytis, and on it - a cross.