The project was designed by architect Dmitrijevas in 1866 and a permit was received. The construction was started in 1884.
A Swiss going by the name of Lemanas supervised the construction works. A parish scool has been operating since 1804. Grinkiškis Vicar Vincentas Moisiejus went missing in 1863 after leaving to join the uprising.
In 1944, the church burnt down and the tops of its steeples got demolished. It was rebuilt in 1947 while under the care of Parish Priest Mykolas Gobis.
The former managers, priests and prominent residents of the parish are buried in the churchyard. The courtyard is enclosed with a brick wall.